Martin D 28GE Brazilian Rosewood
This guitar is no longer for sale (sold on 2008-08-29)
Price : US $7,000.
I bought this guitar about 6 months ago from someone who was very reluctant to sell and, and I now ironically find myself in the same position. It has been an absolute pleasure to own and play, but due to financial reasons beyond my control I, sadly, must part with it as well.
For those of you who don't know, the production of this guitar has been discontinued by Martin due to the importation restrictions on Brazilian Rosewood by the U.S. government. The only way you can get one now is either through a private collector, player, or through the Martin custom shop for somewhere around $15,000 (and I've heard higher than that more recently).
* Adirondack Red Spruce top
* Brazilian Rosewood back & sides
* Forward X, 5/16'' scalloped bracing
* 1 3/4'' wide fossilized ivory nut
* Fossilized ivory saddle and bridge pins
* Modified-V neck
* Precision Waverly tuners
* Ebony fingerboard
* Mother of pearl fingerboard markers
* 25.4'' scale length
* Grained ivoroid binding
* Herringbone top marquetry
* Slot-thru ebony belly bridge
* Polished faux tortoiseshell pickguard
* Green crushed velvet lined hardshell case
This guitar has been played a good bit by its previous owner, he said mostly for gigs and studio sessions, and I've played it a bit myself. It has a few very small dings in the top varnish (nothing that has penetrated through to the wood), and what looks like some belt-buckle scratches on the back, which you can see from the photo (bottom left part of the back). This c
This guitar is sold (sold on 2008-08-29)
Post a comment on Martin D 28GE Brazilian Rosewood :